alvivi Bundesagentur für Arbeit
@Foto: alvivi

German classes for asylum seekers from the Federal Employment Agency

If you are an asylum seeker, you can register with the Bundesagentur für Arbeit (Federal Employment Agency), but not with a job center. The Bundesagentur für Arbeit will support you in your job search. You will receive help with your job search there but also with the search for a German language course.


You have to register with the Federal Employment Agency. In order to register, go to the Federal Employment Agency with your temporary residence permit. You can find the address of the Federal Employment Agency in your vicinity on the website of the Bundesagentur für Arbeit, when you click the search icon.

At your local Bundesagentur für Arbeit you will receive a Kundennummer (customer ID number) and a supervisor who will look after you. The Kundennummer is an identifier for customers in the format 123A123456 which you will receive after registration.

European Social Fund / Federal Office for Migration and Refugees courses

The Federal Employment Agency also arranges for places in ‘ESF-BAMF’ courses. This is a German language course, which is focused on work situations. This means that you will get to know words and situations you can later use for a job or when applying for a job. The course runs for six months if you attend it daily. You need to be able to speak some German in order to attend this course.

alvivi ist das Info-Portal für Flüchtlinge, Migranten und Helfer.

Was this article helpful for you?

Artikel teilen