Books, series and podcasts about racism
We would like to present you books, series and podcasts about racism. We do not only give you these recommendations on the occasion of the current situation, but we would like to draw your attention to the fact that it is a very important topic. A topic that should not only be talked about when something happens. Therefore, with the help of the books, series and podcasts you now have the opportunity to deal with the topic of racism in the coming weeks, months and years. English versions are also available.
- Explained: The Racial Wealth Gap: Understanding the Concept of White Privileges
- Time: The Kalief Browder Story: A true crime docusery. The story of a teenager who was falsely accused of theft and held in prison for over 1000 days.
- When They See Us: A True Crime Series. Based on the Central Park Joggers case. Five teenagers convicted of a crime they did not commit.
- 13th: A documentary analyzing the criminalization of African-Americans and the prison boom.
- Who Killed Malcom X?: Malcolm X was an African-American civil rights and black power activist. This film gives you an insight into his beliefs and his mysterious death.
- Dear White People: Black students at this elite college, which is far from being as progressive as it thinks it is in terms of race, have to deal with daily insults and dangers.
- Strong Island: This documentary is a portrait about family, grief and racism. It was nominated for an Oscar.
- The Event: How Racist Are You? With Jane Elliott
- Explanator episode 1 - Racism
- Coronavirus: How contagious is your racism? - KARAKAYA TALK
- Racism - The Story of a Madness (ZDF-Mediathek): Evaluating people by skin and hair colour: Where does it come from? Is the racial schema part of our thinking? How do prejudices become racism? How does it shape our consciousness?
- "EXIT RACISM - learning to think racially" by Tupoka Ogette
- I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO - James Baldwin
- Americanah - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Germany, Black and White - Everyday Racism - Noah Sow
- What white people don't want to hear about racism, but should know. - Alice Haster's
- Black Feminism - Natasha A. Kelly
- Show your colours: Afro-German women on the traces of their history - Katharina Oguntoye and May Ayim
- Your Silence will not pretect you - Adure Lorde
- Why I'm no longer talking to white people about race - Reni Eddo-Lodge
You are also welcome to support your local bookstore. Here we have some examples for you:
If you would like to buy used books, then look here. So you can do something for the environment and save money.