Mental Health during Corona - Where can I get help?
Right now we are in a situation that we never experienced before. Many people are overwhelmed, have worries and fears or feel left alone because of the contact prohibitions. But not only because of Covid-19 you have to be careful - you also have to take care of your mental health.
For refugees seeking help, we have listed some apps and web pages that can be of help in this special time. Of course, these digital apps cannot replace therapy, but they can help a little in everyday life.
- At "NAWA" there is information about trauma and tips for self-help as recordings to listen to in many different languages. This is especially pleasant for people who would rather listen than read through a long text.
- At https://refugeeum.eu/ you can also find information and exercises if you feel physically or mentally unwell. This site was created by students of psychology and is especially aimed at people with experience of escape.
- We also recommend the brochure "Soul Compass". There you will find exact rules and exercises to follow to feel better physically and mentally. Here you can find them in German, English, Farsi and Russian.
- The app "ALMHAR" offers information in English, Arabic and Farsi and explains the most common psychological problems of traumatised people. It also explains ways to relax your mind.
- Finally, there is a list of tips on how to take care of your mental health right now during the Corona crisis. This situation is very stressful for many people, so you should take time to care for yourself.
On all these pages you will find information that you can read or listen to. Nevertheless there are also telephone numbers where you can talk directly to another person:
- The Corona telephone service of the Professional Association of German Psychologists (in German) is available daily from 8-20 o'clock: 0800 777 22 44
- The info phone Depression (in German) is available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 13-17 and Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 to 12:30: 0800 3344533
- The Muslim Pastoral Care telephone is at your disposal at any time on 030 44 35 09 821.
- You can also get advice via chat, mail or on the phone under 0800 111 0 111.